every Friday in the Create Place,
we host a low-cost, flexible coworking space
Here, you’ll find a friendly, peaceful environment for you to mix up your schedule, get organised, and get out into the community.
- fast, reliable wifi
- tea and coffee
- access to a kitchen and a cosy interior garden
- a private meeting room available for bookings
- printing and copying services
- opportunities to build networks as the project develops
- our award winning vegan Gallery Cafe just 2 minutes away for a delicious breakfast, dinner or lunch
- our wellbeing studio is just next door if you want to relax before or after work
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Every Friday, we have two time slots to choose from: 10am-1pm and/or 1pm-4pm.
- One three-hour time slot is just £5
- You can either book your slot via email, or just drop in on the day.
- Pay in cash on the day
We welcome all creative and community practices, from writing to designing, textile-making to starting your own business.
You will be greeted by the lovely Kirstin, our volunteer, who runs the studio on Coworking Fridays and is looking forward to meeting you!
'' I’m a freelance Motion Designer and Illustrator based in London. I am driven by my belief that visual storytelling can be a powerful tool to generate positive change.
Volunteering with St. Margaret’s House to help run a low-cost co-working space is such an exciting opportunity for me because I believe it will be a valuable, accessible, and inspiring place for creatives in the community. ''
Want to know more? Drop us an email at email@example.com
If you work in the creative industries, freelancing can be a great way to go about it: there’s more freedom to explore the opportunities that inspire you, set your own goals and manage your own time.
However, working in your pyjamas can have its downsides. Developing a structure and staying motivated can be tough, and being alone all day can sometimes be an isolating, atomising experience.
East London is home to more creatives than anywhere else in Europe and we want to give them a chance to work independently, but in an affordable setting.
The coworking space is a work in progress - we want to hear your suggestions for how we can make things better for local creatives :)