4 month contract | between 14 and 18 hours P/W | £9.15 per hour
St. Margaret’s House is a unique charity organisation providing space, opportunities and support to charities, community organisations and initiatives in the vibrant, multicultural borough of Tower Hamlets in the East End of London. St. Margaret’s House also runs four enterprising projects which are: The Gallery Cafe, a vegetarian cafe and popular events venue; Ayoka, a boutique charity shop; The Create Place, a community workshop and activity space and the Yoganest, where we provide low-cost well-being classes.
Here’s your opportunity to take your creative talent and put it to the use of the community of East London.
We are currently seeking a Graphic Designer to join our awesome team in the main office.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable with being involved in every stage of the design process — from conception through to completion, while handling rounds of revisions with attention to detail and a positive attitude. You'll be reporting to the Communications Manager and working alongside our Social Media Manager.
· Supporting the Communications Manager with graphic design, developing visuals and artwork for our projects
· Supporting the Social Media Manager with eye catching visuals
· Generating creative and engaging solutions to promote our projects and developing them into final outcomes, keeping the brand fresh and consistent.
· past work either as an in-house designer or at a marketing/advertising agency
· available to work in the office every weekday if required
· an understanding of creating video content or photography and camerawork experience would be a bonus.
· passionate about design, illustration, and typography
· experience in both print and digital design with a sound knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud
· an excellent eye for detail
· a ‘can-do’ attitude, able to prioritise workload
· intuitive, a good communicator, open to feedback
· can work to tight deadlines
· enthusiastic, dedicatedand proactive
· highly organised with excellent written and verbal communication skills
· facility with mainstream social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and with publishing platforms such as Squarespace
· creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration.
SMH employees have something extra. A quirky edge, a positive attitude and a driving passion to bring something unique to the team and to the work for the community. It’s hard to define, but you’ll know if you’ve got it, and so will we.
Why you’ll love St. Margaret’s House
Our unique charity is a fun and inspiring place to work. Perks include:
· Free lunch at the award winning Gallery Café
· Discounts at Yoganest, our wellbeing studio
· Great office space in the heart of Bethnal Green, in a historic Victorian building
· The ability to learn, progress, and develop your skills through mentoring
· The opportunity to contribute directly to the growth and success of a fast-paced exciting charity
· A fun, exciting workplace with people who love and care about what they do
How to apply:
Please send a brief cover letter, a portfolio and CV to email@example.com .
Please only apply for this role if you meet the essential criteria outlined.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are not able to respond to each individual applicant and you will be contacted only if you have been shortlisted for this role. It can take five working days for us to read your CV so please wait to hear from us in regards to whether we will taking your application further.
St. Margaret’s House is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be judged according to an equal opportunities policy.
Thank for your interest.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Application deadline: Tuesday, 21st March
Start Date: asap, by the end of March