We are looking for new team members !
Why you’ll love St. Margaret’s House
Our unique charity is a fun and inspiring place to work. Perks include:
· Free lunch at the award winning Gallery Café
· Discounts at Yoganest, our wellbeing studio
· Great office space in the heart of Bethnal Green, in a historic Victorian building
· The ability to learn, progress, and develop your skills
· The opportunity to contribute directly to the growth and success of a fast-paced exciting charity
· A fun, exciting workplace with people who love and care about what they do
CAFE ASSISTANT/ BARISTA
AT THE GALLERY CAFE
We are currently recruiting staff for front of house part time with immediate starts available. The role will generally be two or three shifts a week but up to five shifts will be required when staff are on leave. The candidate must we available to work full time from 25th May until the end of June. This role may progress into full time in the future.
The ideal cafe assistant / barista candidate will have experience making coffee and serving in a busy cafe environment and an interest in vegan food and drink.
Essential criteria to be a cafe assistant:
* At least one years experience as skilled barista
* Ability to manage time effectively and keep calm under pressure
* Excellent communication skills with high level literacy and numeracy and fluent English
* Tons of common sense
* Ability to form good relationships with co-workers and customers
* Flexible availability - early mornings and late evenings will be required, along with last minute covers
* Super hard work ethic
* Must be able to work weekends
* Advanced coffee training
* Experience working alone or running shifts
* Passion for vegan food
All candidates must provide CV and brief cover letter to be considered for the role. Any limits to availability should be mentioned in application.
Rate of pay is £8.50 per hour and there are development opportunities for the right candidate.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
at the gallery cafe
*£8.50 per hour paid monthly
We are currently recruiting for a kitchen porter for approximately 25 hours per week but often more available to cover holidays.
We are a small, friendly team and the cafe is a very busy vegan place.
The job includes general dish washing, cleaning and basic food prep.
*Previous experience as a Kitchen Porter
*Excellent communication skills
This position is for an immediate start with trial shifts on Tuesday.
If you fulfil the criteria then please respond with a CV to: email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!