Volunteers are an integral part of some important achievements at St. Margaret’s House. That is, to engage and inspire both individuals and community groups to achieve their own goals.
You can gain some valuable retail experience by volunteering in Ayoka, our charity boutique.
In the Create Place our volunteers lead or assist in workshops from crafting and beading for adults to puppetry and printing for children.
In the Yoganest we have volunteers teaching wellbeing classes for the community.
Our opportunities are flexible and volunteers can get involved for a one off workshop or once a week for years. Some of our volunteers have even gone on to become paid members of staff at St Margaret’s House.
As a volunteer, you can expect that...
- Your gift of time, skills and experience will be used well so that you can make a difference to the charities and organisations who benefit from the work which St Margaret's House do.
- You will be provided with all the information and guidance required for you to carry out your volunteering. You will be encouraged to develop in your volunteering role.
- St Margaret's House will reimburse you for the main expenses your volunteering incurs.
- Your volunteering will be appreciated and recognised.
- You will volunteer in an organisation that is non-discriminatory and aims to be more diverse.
- You are free to stop volunteering at any time.
Why you’ll love St. Margaret’s House
Our unique charity is a fun and inspiring place to work. Perks include:
- Great office space in the heart of Bethnal Green, in a historic Victorian building
- The opportunity to contribute directly to the growth and success of a fast-paced exciting charity
- A fun, exciting workplace with people who love and care about what they do
Please only apply for the roles if you meet the essential criteria outlined. Due to the high volume of applications, we are not able to respond to each individual applicant and you will be contacted only if you have been shortlisted for this role. It can take five working days for us to read your CV so please wait to hear from us in regards to whether we will taking your application further.St. Margaret’s House is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be judged according to an equal opportunities policy.
Thank for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you!